Welcome to the Tibetan Meditation Center
Traditional Buddhism for contemporary living
With our community you can begin to relax and return to yourself – to open the heart and mind to bigger possibilities. We offer ancient teachings for modern times.
We offer teachings about what causes suffering and how to eliminate suffering. Our center is under the direction of Khenpo Tsultrim Tenzin Rinpoché.
The Tibetan Meditation Center is currently open for in-person participation. Please see below for important updates to our guidelines.
UPCOMING SPECIAL EVENTS
Achi Chokyi Drolma Practice
SUN, OCT 24 / 9:00 AM (EST)
Zoom Meeting ID: 217 404 PW: drikungtmc
Texts for Upcoming Events
Please feel free to download these texts for your personal use.
For additional texts, please visit the Resources tab.
Simhanada – practice text
Vajrayogini – Sea of Blessings
Chenrezig – concise sadhana
Hundred Teachings From The Heart – explanation text
Vajrayogini – explanation text
Vajrayogini – short practice text
Beautiful Aerial Videos of TMC
TMC COVID-19 Guidelines – Updated August 7, 2021
We are currently open for in-person participation at all TMC events, although Zoom and FaceBook Live options will continue.
We hope to ease our guidelines as the COVID situation allows. However, our first priority is doing everything we can to hold our events in a way that is as safe as possible for everyone.
Please consider these guidelines carefully when planning to attend in-person, and we hope to see you soon!
- Please come to the TMC only if you are fully vaccinated.
- Masks are required while indoors at the TMC.
- If you feel under the weather – or ill at all – please do not come to TMC.
- If you believe you have recently been exposed to COVID – please do not come to the TMC.
- Please practice social distancing in the Shrine Room.
- Please refrain from entering areas of the TMC other than the Shrine Room and entrance area. If you wish to visit the basement Bookstore, please do so from the outside basement entrance.
- Everyone must make his or her own decisions about activities during the pandemic. If you are uncomfortable with the COVID risk of gathering in our Shrine Room, we hope you will join on ZOOM instead. Our primary concern is the health and peace of mind of everyone.
NEW! TMC Memorial Wall
The newest addition to our Center is a beautiful Memorial Wall, constructed as a way to keep our loved ones alive in our hearts and minds after they pass on. The Memorial Wall, which is located near the Stupa, includes 108 niches, each of which is covered by a copper plaque. Please go to the Participate section of this site for details on how you can participate.
Video Library of Recent Events
Zoom and FB Live videos of recent teachings and practices led by Khenpo Rinpoché can be found on his YouTube channel.
WE OFFER OUR PROGRAMS IN THE TRADITION OF GENEROSITY…
The Tibetan Meditation Center continues the 2600-year-old Buddhist tradition of providing the teachings freely to all who aVAJnterested. We have no paid staff and the center is run entirely by volunteers. All financial support comes from the generosity of people who value what we do. Donations support all expenses, including programs, visiting teachers, publications, and the website.
There are Donation Boxes for the accumulation and support of the Tibetan Meditation Center. They are located outside in the outdoor Shrine and Amitabha Stupa for you to use as your outdoor practice. This is available for you so that you may visit the Tibetan Meditation Center and support its altruistic aspirations.
All donations are tax-deductable as Tibetan Meditation Center is an official 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization.