The TMC is a nonprofit organization [a registered 501(c)(3) organization in the US] operating on the age-old Buddhist tradition of generosity and mutual support. From our beginning more than 30 years ago to the present, we have been existing due to the great kindness of our teachers and the immense generosity of donors and volunteers. Furthermore, although it has become increasing more acceptable and common for some Buddhist groups or organizations to require set participation or registration fees for their programs, here at TMC we adhere to the principle that “the Dharma is ownerless and priceless” and although we have “suggested donations” for some of our events we maintain a “no turn away” policy on all our programs and services.
We are entirely staffed by volunteers. Our expenses include general operating cost, utilities and the maintenance of infrastructure, food, health insurance and basic needs of our Spiritual Director and visiting lamas. We thus rely on your goodwill and generosity to continue to exist as a center and home for the study and practice of Dharma.
Tibetan Meditation Center has been added to the list of charitable organizations eligible for a donation from Amazon when shoppers indicate TMC as the recipient of their charitable intention. Simply go to smile.Amazon.com, select Tibetan Meditation Center as the charity of your choice, then do your shopping. Amazon will make a donation to TMC based upon the amount of your order.
Other ways you can help include:
- Making personal offerings to our teachers
- Participating in our programs and invite others to join you
- Volunteering your time and expertise
- Helping with the physical upkeep of the center
- Donating items for our annual auction (during the Spring Retreat)
- Including the TMC in your estate planning
- Supporting our fundraising efforts or implementing your own local fundraising projects (contact us if you have ideas)
- Pledging to offer financial support on a monthly or annual basis
- Making a one-time donation (can be easily done through PayPal at the top of this page)